Saturday, October 18, 2014

Just as Good

Blurb: Evan Hermes traded in romance for pragmatism when he suggested marriage at their New Year's Eve party to his girlfriend Kitt Preston. It was a “suggestion” which wasn’t well received by the love of his life. Though it’s taken him most of the year to figure out the perfect proposal, this time romance is front and center to obtain a yes!

Kitt has been in love with Evan ever since he asked her out during their first year of college. Tall, handsome, and a family man, Evan is the kind of person that most women would be falling over themselves to marry…but not her. Kitt is only willing to say yes to a marriage proposal that is worthy of their love and years together.

 
Excerpt

4 days before Christmas

A second chance for Evan to propose felt about as miraculous as Santa Claus standing in the middle of his living room with an inheritance grand enough for him, Kitt, and their future children’s children to each share comfortably.

As a grown man, it was kind of silly to believe in things such as the miracle of the holidays, but even after discovering Santa’s nonexistence at the age of eight just as his mother lost her battle to cancer, he still saved some hope for Santa during the holidays.

Kitt had left the house that week to spend it helping her mother and stepfather get ready for their trip to Barbados. Evan shivered before pressing the doorbell to Kitt’s parent’s house. She had been the friend he lusted over for a greater part of first year until he confessed to her and they became a couple. He would forgive Santa for allowing people to say that he was someone who didn’t exist if the old man had his back for just this one holiday. He wanted to make it a Christmas that Kitt wouldn’t be able to forget.

Kitt opened the door with a large pink suitcase rolling behind her.

“Are you immigrating to my parent’s cottage?” he asked.

Evan smiled at her as Kitt stuck her tongue out at him. He knew her to be a person who traveled only after packing half of her closet even if it was just for a day.

“I always win your parents and brothers over with my runway model wardrobe,” Kitt teased. “And you know I have a lot of hair products.”

“I would figure,” he said.

Her thick, curly hair formed small spirals around her shoulders. It had been their first source of conversation after Kitt asked to stand under his umbrella on the first day of university classes. He had looked down at the shorter girl beside him seeing only curls, large glasses, and flawless brown skin before he decided that he had fallen for her.

He reached for her suitcase. “I’ll take that.”

“Ah…holding doors and carrying all of the heavy things…” she said. “Good boyfriend.”

She turned to lock her front door and then walked to his car. The word “boyfriend” was appearing in a grateful afterthought in her sentences. If he had done more than suggest marriage, he would be called “future husband” sweetly instead.


Review
I was given book for honest review. Short sweet love story about Evan’s second chance to propose to his long time girlfriend Kitt. Only she claims it has to be “a dignified proposal worthy of all of our years together, our kisses, and even our fights.” Admire Kitt for knowing that she deserves the best out of Evan. Admire Evan for coming up with ways to honor Kitt.
 
 
Bio:
Author Keshia Robertson hails from Toronto, Canada where she writes fresh sensual to erotic contemporary romance with a multicultural twist. When she isn't crafting stories of sexy heroes and witty heroines you can find her on twitter @startswithakesh or on her website www.startswithakesh.com discussing her preferred writing techniques or the latest episode of a Korean drama.

Up close and personal SBB author interview with:
Keshia Robertson
In five words please describe your writing style:    
Realistic stories about modern women.
Top three favorite titles (books or movies):    
Finding Mr. Destiny
My Sassy Girl
Bridget Jones's Diary
 
Do your leading characters come from any place in particular?    
They come from musician and actor inspiration from all cultures. For my latest book Here's To Hound Dogs the main lead is inspired by Corinne Bailey Rae. For "Just As Good" the main character is inspired by Elle Varner so both books are influenced by the singers and their songs.
What do you do in your down time?       
I go travelling in my down town between books for more research. I'd like to do some more travelling and go to Korea. 
Top five snacks while writing:
 
I don't really snack when I'm at work but my favorite snacks are: oatmeal cookies, pizza, cakes, snack bars, and ice cream.
 
What's your writing process? 
Plot bunny: I usually start with a single idea or concept that is layered and layered on until I am sure that I have a full story, for example a man riding his bike down a hill for me should turn into a superhero novel before I am satisfied.

Casting: I start looking on the internet for actors who look like the people I want to be in the book.

Episodes: My plotting stage is first a draw up of everything that I want to see in the book from the smallest moment to biggest conflicts. I then move those things around until I have what happens in each chapter made.
Talk to us about your book, what is your favorite part or character?     
Kitt is my favorite character of the book because she is straight forward about her love for Evan. She wants a proper proposal and won't say yes until she gets one.
 
What is the craziest thing you have ever done?    
Climbing the stairs in the CN Tower is the craziest thing I have ever done. I walked up the hundred plus flights of stairs until I was breathless and almost collapsed on the floor. The experience was amazing because I was tested on my endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comment or suggestion