Title: Crazy Maybe
Author: A.D. Justice
Release Date: December 1, 2012
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
SynopsisSometimes love isn’t enough. Sometimes it’s all you need. Andi Stone is a strong, smart and independent woman, but that wasn't always the case. Andi never knew what a “normal” life was like. Having been raised in foster care from the age of six after the death of her parents, Andi became emancipated at 16 after an especially horrible incident forced her into a psychiatric hospital. Luke Woods, the family black sheep and street-brawler, is determined to be a successful professional boxer despite his family’s protests. He needs Andi’s help to get there. The wedge between him and his family over his past relationship issues and career choices is not easily overcome. Luke must learn to face his past mistakes and learn to trust again. Fireworks and passions quickly ignite between Andi and Luke in the midst of the chaos that surrounds and threatens them. She never revealed the secrets and lies from her past, but when she publicly inherits her family fortune, the living, breathing past comes back to torment her and threatens all that she holds dear. Can their love for another survive the blows that their pasts continue to rain down on them?
I was given this book by author for honest review. The past and other issues hound Andi and Luke. Both boxers dealing with personal issues they instantly become attracted to each other. Justice makes the couple come alive and delivered an unexpected story with twists and turns that I really didn’t want to end.
ANDIOur usual table is inhabited by the usual suspects – Shane, Will, Brandon and of course, Luke. He has his back to me and doesn’t know I’m here yet. So I walk to the DJ booth and tell him to queue up a song for me. I had a few drinks at the pub we just left, I’m pissed and I’m really fucking hurt, so I’m going to take it out on the stage. The song, Just A Fool, is actually a duet between Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton, but tonight I’m singing it solo. And I’m singing it with every bit of emotion I have bubbling just below the surface of my cool façade. The lyrics are perfect for me right now. I obviously feel like a fool because I can’t get over him and I can’t let him go, but I know I should. I feel like I’m weak for wanting him to make this all up to me. For even thinking I could forgive him if he would just do something to take this pain away. Love feels like a cruel joke and no one has hurt me in the way that he has. I just want to forget about love and about him, but somehow he’s in every thought I have and every move I make. I leave the stage and a friend from the gym I haven’t seen in a while stops me and asks me to dance with him. Another slow song is playing so I step into his embrace and we take the opportunity to catch up. He asks how I’m holding up, knowing how bad my life sucks right now, and I give him a non-committal shrug of my shoulders. Christina taps on my arm and her gaze suddenly shifts and I turn to see what she’s looking at. Oh. It’s Luke and he is charging forward like a bull, hell-bent on his destination. Which happens to be me at the moment. “Andi,” he barks at me. “Yes,” I reply smugly. I watch intently as he grits his teeth and clenches and flexes his hands. His anger is barely contained and he’s working hard at restraining himself. I know I’m not helping it but I’m no more in the mood to be fucked with right now than he is. “I need you to come with me,” he finally says. “No.” He nods his head, seemingly understandingly, until I realize that I read him completely wrong. He just decided he wasn’t going to argue with me. In the typical method of the men in my life, he picks me up with ease, throws me over his shoulder, and charges back to the front door. People watch with amused expressions as I scream obscenities at him like a lunatic until he reaches the door. Then I realize we’re going outside and there may be cameras that catch me actually acting like a lunatic so I stop. “Luke – do not walk out that door with me over your shoulder. I’m in the news enough as it is. I don’t need to add any more to it,” I say in my sternest voice possible. This stops him in his tracks and I know he hears the words I didn’t say – thanks to your family. He puts me down but doesn’t let go of me. “Then walk with me like a normal person would.” I sigh heavily, not hiding my dislike of his demand, and respond with the typical pissed-off female response. “Fine.”
I’m With You – Avril Lavigne
Stupid Girls – Pink
Buttons – Pussycat Dolls
Beautiful With You – Halestorm
Familiar Taste of Poison – Halestorm
Crazy In Love – Beyonce
For My Sake – Shinedown
Just A Fool - Christina Aguilera & Blake Shelton
Umbrella – Rihanna
Indestructible – Disturbed
Gunpowder & Lead – Miranda Lambert
If Today Was Your Last Day - Nickelback
About the Author
20 Fun Facts
1. I haven’t met some of the best friends I have in person yet – but I plan on remedying that soon!
2. I love animals – we have two spoiled dogs, a cat, and two horses.
3. I’ve been married 25 years this year.
4. I have two sons – 21 and 19 – both in college.
5. I am a certified open water scuba diver.
6. I think I have an addiction to swag – I keep looking at and buying more of it!
7. Wicked Games was my first book. Crazy Maybe was my second. I plan to continue both series.
8. My next book will be Wicked Ties – the second book in the Steele Security Series.
9. I don’t like having a schedule. Deadlines and scheduled meetings are my arch nemesis.
10. I am a huge Star Wars, Star Trek and superheroes movies fan.
11. I don’t care much about what others think….except when it comes to my work.
12. I haven’t developed thick enough skin yet.
13. Writing isn’t my full time job, even though I would love for it to be one day.
14. I don’t want to be put in a genre box. I want to write in several different categories.
15. I’m pretty out spoken. Unfairness or bullying really pisses me off. Picking on my friends will evoke my wrath upon your head. It’s not pretty.
16. Most of the people who know me in real life don’t know I’m writing books.
17. I will be at several book signings this year and I love to talk to people – so stop by my table even if it’s only for the freebies!
18. I have an MBA in Health Care Administration and a BS in Organizational Development.
19. I am 4 classes shy of having a second Master’s of Science degree but I can’t bring myself to go back to school.
20. I took my horse, Rio, away from my husband because he’s dead broke and the mare he bought me is green broke. I’m not riding a green broke mare. Sorry.
Purchase Her Other Book Today
1 winner - US winner will get a signed paperback of Crazy Maybe or an international winner will get $10 Amazon gift card
Post a Comment
Please leave comment or suggestion