Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Vine Release







Title: The Vine
(A Bindarra Creek Romance)
Author: Lauren K. McKellar
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 7, 2016



Blurb

Work hard. Family first. Protect your heart.

They’re the three rules Eva Storey has lived by, ever since that one terrible night in her past. That one terrible night when Eva lost everyone she loved.

And it was all. Her. Fault.

Now, Eva spends her days working hard on the Storey Family vineyard, and on keeping her secret from everyone in town. She doesn’t have time for Bindarra Creek’s sexy new firefighter or his rigorous back-burning. And she definitely doesn’t have time to fall in love.

When sparks fly between the strong-willed couple, Eva’s deadly secret comes tumbling out. Will their fiery passion be enough to overcome her charred past?

It’s fire season, baby, and Eva’s going to get burned.









Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU







Excerpt

I charged back up the aisle to the counter, rounding it at the front and—

Smack.

Ran straight into a very hard, very familiar chest.

Literally.

“Sorry.” I gasped. My eyes remained fixed on the green tiled floor. My breath remained somewhere stuck in my throat.

“It’s okay.” Warm hands cupped my shoulders, and every muscle in my body tensed. He stole all the air in the store. Stifling heat trapped me, and when his gentle fingers came to rest under my chin, pushing my head up to look him in the eye, I didn't look. I couldn’t look.

“Eva …” He asked permission when he said my name. So kind. So gentle.

Zac McGuire had always been kind and gentle.

Except for that one time.

“Y … you’re s’posed to be at the house.” My voice shook its way over the words.

“Ran out of petrol for the ride-on, and I thought I’d grab a new spark plug while I was here.” He inhaled, and when he breathed out, the air was sweet. Like sun-kissed tomatoes. Like a sugary drink on a long, hot afternoon. Like holding hands and running under the sprinkler.

Like summers long gone that would never be good again.

His hand nudged my chin again, and I looked up. A startling blue looked back at me.

It was too much.

“I can’t.”

The box with the light bulb thudded as it hit the floor. My hands pushed at his chest and I ran past him, past a stunned Callie-May, then rushed out the doors and slammed into my car. I jerked the door open, and my shaky hands fumbled, turning the key.

“Please, please,” I begged, desperate for the car to start, desperate to get away.

“Eva!” Zac called from the door of the store. He took one, two, three steps toward me, and the car finally roared to life. My foot hit the accelerator and I barrelled down Mount Ingalls Road toward the vineyard. Glancing in the rear-view mirror, I was fairly sure the soldier in the centre of the roundabout watched me as I made my escape, those hard eyes full of judgment.

I might not have been good at making friends.

But one thing I was good at was running.

I’d been doing it the last three years of my life.



 Author Bio


Lauren K. McKellar is the author of contemporary reads that make you feel. With a passion for all books Young and New Adult, she is currently the author of five self-published books, all of which have held top 50 charting places digitally within Australia. Lauren loves to write about real-life issues, and is a passionate researcher when it comes to her work. She’s a big believer in creating works that make people feel.

Lauren lives by the beach in Australia with her husband and their two dogs. Most of the time, all three of them are well behaved.



 Author Links




Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comment or suggestion