Katherine Horne is perfectly content being in the background. All she wants is to graduate and get out of the town she's grown to loathe. She'd do anything to avoid confrontation but when she finds herself in increasingly humiliating situations, she realizes some things can't be ignored. Especially when it comes to bullying.
With their carefully planned futures unraveling, Kat and Alissa will come to realize the bond of their friendship will be tested... and might not make it through intact.
This is book 1 in a 3 part series.
About the author
Things you don’t know about Evelyne:1. Her favorite movie is “So I Married an Axe Murder.”
2. She can sing every song, word-for-word on Adam Lambert’s first album.
3. Monsoon storms and winter drizzles help inspire her writing.
4. Football is her favorite sport even though the Cowboys have not had a good season in a really long time.
5. She loves school and would become a professional college student if it weren’t so expensive.
6. She tries hard to be funny but most of the time is the only one in the room laughing.
7. People watching and giving relationship advice is her favorite past time.
8. What she wants to be when she grows up is still an unanswered question.
I was given this book by author for honest review. Alissa Sullivan and Katherine Horne are borderline high school graduates trying to survive the last junior senior year. Alissa is outgoing and boy crazy while Kat is shy and quiet. I have more in common and so feel in love with Kat. She’s picked on and gets into a very hairy situation of which she keeps blaming herself for, however she doesn’t let it get her down or takeover her life. And while Alissa is the best friend and goes to bat for Kat several times I can’t seem to like her as much. This book ran the gauntlet of teenage issues several times over and will pull at your emotions in parts. Thank you Evelyne Stone.