Saturday, April 19, 2014

For Better or For Worse

 
  






Natasha Benson
 
Invites you, the reader 

to follow her journey 

of marrying the man of her dreams:- 
he loves her; protects her; makes her laugh 
and 
she wants him to be her forever …….

 
Until they actually get married!


Natasha – 

“My life was so perfect, 

so structured 
and then it all came tumbling down 
in the worst way possible”


Who knew that my wedding

vows would become the

story of my life?

 
This is my story, about 

how the perfect love 

can go horribly wrong. 

 
Follow me as I go through 

the big highs and great lows 

in my happy ever after.

Add to your TBR List's
BUY LINKS
 

Review

I was given this book by author for honest review. Natasha and Felix have the perfect life until they marry. Then Felix begins to change and Natasha doesn’t understand what is happening. The book tells a story of domestic abuse. I encourage everyone to read this. Well done Krissy V. 

Til Death Us Do Part 
 
In Sickness and In Health – Releasing May 2014  
To Love and to Cherish – Releasing June 2014  

Spin Off’s from Til Death Us Do Part Series  
To Have and To Hold – Releasing July 2014 – Hopefully 
For Richer or For Poorer – Releasing August 2014 – Hopefully 





Krissy is a mother to two young children, who in turn keep her young. She live's in Dublin, Ireland but, isn't originally from South Devon in the UK. Krissy work's full time in a pharmacy and write in her spare time, whenever the urge takes me. 

She has always been interested in reading from a young age, 2 years ago she was given a kindle as a present and it was the best thing that happened to her. She was able to read lots of books ever week and then she started to write reviews for all the books she read. 

She then took it one step further and started her own Facebook page – Sparkling Pink Bookshelf, she intended to upload all of my reviews for the books she has read. This was purely for pleasure at that stage. She answered a post on Facebook for someone to read for reviews and thought she had died and gone to heaven. She was reading about 7/8 books a week, the kindle made this achievable. She would read at any opportunity she was able to, even staying up til the small hours to finish a book. She loved it. Then one day she was asked to beta read a book – she love's this side of it, it was so exciting. She has worked with a number of indie authors and has remained loyal to a few select authors and she beta read all their books.  

After a year or more of doing this, She thought maybe she could write some of the stories that were in her head and she just decided to write and see what happened. she wrote about 70% of a story and then saw a post for the NaNoWriMo competition – to write 50,000 words in 30 days, She decided that this was a challenge she wanted to take and the Til Death Us Do Part series was born. 
  
She is always thinking of situations that be turned into a story and have started a few stories, which in turn will be completed and released to her readers. 





Five Fun Facts You Don’t Know About Me

 

1)           I am 40+, however, my brain keeps telling me I’m 21. I am like a child sometimes and do really silly things when I’m out and about! My kids don’t like it but everyone else does.

2)           When I turned 40 I decided to have my nose pierced, I suppose to show that I wasn’t getting old. My husband said it was a mid life crisis LOL

3)           I failed all my English tests in school, the first one I passed was my O’Level.

4)           My favourite hot drink is cocoa, but I have to dip bread and butter in it. Yum Yum.

5)           I used to sell Ann Summers!

 

Interest and Hobbies

 

Obviously, I love reading and beta reading. I also like to travel but don’t do so much of it these days, my family still like in the UK so I travel to see them. I have family in Norway too but I don’t get to go there too often, hopefully next year.

 

I love baking cakes and cup cakes, I especially like decorating them and have created some lovely cupcakes as presents for people. I love looking for pictures of cakes that I can copy. I just don’t have a lot of time for baking right now, because I am too busy writing. Maybe I might bake a cake for my release day!

 

If I could write with anyone it would be:-

 

Sandi Lynn – she has inspired me so much over the last year, I am not an emotional person and when I read her - Forever Black I cried, but not just any cry it was a dirty, tears dripping off my face cry. I wrote to her to tell her how moved I was by her writing and she wrote back to me and I realised how down to earth she was. I read all her books because they are all fabulous, it would be a real fangirl moment to even see her.

Q & A

1.      When did you first realise you wanted to be a writer? 
 
I hated English at school and gave up English Literature because I hated doing précis and synopses. I’ve thought about writing for a few years, but never had the confidence to actually go for it. Last year when I was reading, beta reading and reviewing books, I just thought what if I wrote something I wonder what it would turn out like? 
 

2.      How long does it take you to write a book? 
 
I took 2 months to write the draft of the Til Death Us Do Part Series, then it took me another 2 months to edit, edit and edit For Better or For Worse. 
 

3.      What is your work schedule like when you’re writing? 
 
When writing I write anywhere:- in my lunchbreak on my phone or ipad; at hospital appointments; car parks; shopping centres – you name them I’ve written at them, sometimes even in the cinema too. When I’m in writing mode I just need to brain dump and get it down on paper so that I can start making sense of it. 
 

4.      What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? 
 
 
 

5.      How do you plan to publish? 
 
I plan to self-publish 
 

6.      Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? 
 
The ideas just come to me, then I research them a little and I just let the story flow. I plan out at the start where I want the story to go, but I have to admit I just keep writing and sometimes the story veers off in a different direction – so far that has worked for me. 
 

7.      When did you write your first book and how old were you? 
 
I wrote my first book last year and I was and still am 40+. 
 

8.      What do you like to do when you’re not writing? 
 
My favourite past time is shopping, I am a shopaholic and have been known to hide things that I have bought. I also use shopping for retail therapy – it works every time. 
 

9.      What does your family think of your writing? 
 
I didn’t tell my family I was writing until I had won NaNoWriMo, even then I was apprehensive, I always start things and never finish them so until my first edition hard cover came through, I think they thought I was going to give this up too. They are all behind me and are proud of me. 
 

10.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? 
 
For me that would have to be that I had a story that other people wanted to read. When I started writing this story, I was writing for me – so that I could prove to myself that I could write a story. Then when a couple of people read the story and said they liked it, I thought ok maybe, just maybe someone else might be interested in reading my story. 
 

11.  How many books have you written? Which is your favourite? 
 
I have written 3 books in the Til Death Us Do Part Series – these are the main story, then I am 80% through book 4 in the series – this is a spin off with two of the characters in the first 3 books. I have drafted out the last book in the series too. I am 80% through another book, which I started first.  I love the Til Death Us Do Part series and can’t wait to publish it. 
 

12.  Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? 
 
The one thing that I’ve learnt is to make sure you edit, edit, edit even though this is the worst part of writing a book and never ever rush to get a book published. 
 

13.  Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? 
 
Obviously, as my book isn’t published I don’t have readers. However, I have had some colleagues read the book and I have my beta readers. Last night I received a message from one of my beta readers saying she can’t wait for other people to read my story! This really moved me” 
 

14.  Do you like to create books for adults? 
 
All my stories have been for adults, however, I had drafted out a YA story about a young ice skater. Watch this space!! 
 

15.  What do you think makes a good story? 
 
I always look to write a story that I would like to read. I like romance, happy endings, erotica, suspense and thrillers. So to have a bit of all of these would make a good story in my eyes. 
 

16.  As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?  
 
I wanted to be a pharmacist, I had a place in college in Bristol to do just that. However, fate intervened and I didn’t do it, I went to secretarial college instead and became a personal assistant for most of my life. I then set up a business helping small business with their administration without having to have an office or secretarial staff.  I loved it. I am now working in a pharmacy and I have to say it was worth the wait! 
 




 

 


 
Hosted by Hooked on book's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comment or suggestion